Friday, October 19, 2007

first time praying for my granny


On the 16th oct, while am getting ready for work, i sensed very strongly that I should pray for my granny. As it seems her condition has not be very stable. She has been throwing tantrum, and been quite bad recently.
This has always in me that, i should pray and encourage her with the goodness of our Lord Jesus Christ. but, somehow.. am not doing so, perhaps, the reason is that am not confident enough, have been procrastinating to pray with her.. well.. anyway, i did .. FINALLY!

This is my very first time, praying for her in hokkien, even i can speak pretty well, but where come to praying, am just lost my words, i dunno how. I laid my hands on her.. all i felt during praying was that, she is confused, she is struggling and she is fearful.

In that one minute of prayer, i pray for Lord Jesus to bring His peace to her, to bring her the joy, to remove the pain. We all know only the Lord knows what she is going through, and YES. . only He truly understand, and nobody else will.
I am constantly remind myself to show her the love from God, to be patience with her, even though, some times it maybe very hard to do so..
and yes.. am learning ..

Growing old can be scary, but i pray that oh Lord, You will be my Lord of my life, hold my hands and never let me go ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! well done Amli =)

God hears our prayers and He sees our hearts.
He will heal your granny =)
hugs

Anonymous said...

Amen ..
haha .. thanks sweetie .. =)
aMiLiN