Friday, August 24, 2007

Bible Version - NIV

I have been spending time on Bible MP3 for the past few days, and yes, is really good, following the audio and reading the Bible at the same time.

Currently, am reading both version concurrently, i.e the NIV (New International Version), and NKJV (New King James Version).

I actually prefer NIV compared to NKJV.. (dunno why) but not now.. not anymore! as I found out they missed out important Word of God.. :(

how could they do that?

I just would like to point out what I have found out...
(so far only two la .. haha.. is enough to break the trust!)


1) NIV - missing of the whole verse Matthew 17:21

which in NKJV;
~ "However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

2) NIV - Mark 9:29
~ "He replied, "This kind can come out only by prayer."

which in NKJV;
~ "So He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting."


After I learnt about the "mistake" .. perhaps is typo error, or what you name it, am losing confidence in NIV. Am wondering if there's some more?

I remember one of the Pastors mentioned that NIV is the worst version, and now I know why... He recommended NASB (New American Standard Bible). I think I'm getting one of that.. Soon. Very soon.

No comments: