Friday, February 23, 2007

God help those who help themselves?


I have been hearing alot of people saying ~ "God help those who help themselves".. Is this statement true? Before am a Christian, I used to say that too.

All of us are brought up by the culture and the belief system, "If you want to succeed, you got to depend on yourself, your own destiny is in your own hands." Make sense?


Then one day, I heard it from a my senior Pastor, "God help those who trust and believe in HIM". God help those who are helpless which is the reason why Jesus came to help us.. He is here to save us, to heal us, to restore us, bringing us Life. A life of purpose.


Life is not easy, especially when is without Christ. We got to carry it all alone, sad huh?

There are times, I have doubts, I will still remain positive, always hopeful, encouraging others, be the light of the world. To live this life to the expectation of God and man. I choose not to be affected by any obstacles. Is it easy? No.. is not, I have to hang on to HIM, never let HIM go. However, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I must not give up, because I know, when I am weak, He is strong.

Knowing the fact that God will not leave nor forsake me, and will not given me anything I could not bear. Each time, I have to do it with a hope and prayer .. I can do all things through Christ who give me strength.


There are many issues in life, we have to sort out, God knows all our problems, our struggles, our pains and needs even before we ask from HIM. He is our Father, our Creator. He is our Provider, supply all our needs.


God will put people around my path, for me to minister to His people who are lost, who do not know Chirst, and show them the way to HIM. Also, to share His goodness that I have received, to let them know how God has carried me above the storms.


Yes .. Yes, some of them, their problems may seems worst than mine, is not easy for them to handle alone, without Jesus.. I need to use the Words of God, His Wisdom by FAITH to talk to them.. God is bigger than all, Nothing is impossible for Him to handle them.


"Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in HIM" Psalm 34:8


Am so blessed to know I serve a good and faithful God. I may seems like am in the valley of darkness. I believe I can fly high like eagles, and to reach to the top by the Power of His love ...


Without faith, is impossible to please God. Faith without work is dead. so, to walk by faith and not by sight, trust in Jesus. Seek and you will find HIM.


Thank you again, Lord Jesus, for You have promised me a life, a hope and a future. I will not faint. Help me to be focus on You, to trust in You forever and ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we got to admit that we are nothing with Jesus. Always be humble and not proud.