Saturday, February 24, 2007

Take "things" for granted

Is it true that people have the tendency to take things for granted? We normally "take" and hardly "give". We will "take" more especially when the other person seems to be a nice person, someone who loves us and take care of us, and will not scold us. Agree?


Many times, we take our parent for granted. Don't we? We expect them to cook for us, wash our clothes, treat our mom like "Maria", when our finances are running low, we will get it from mommy, need their help, always go to them, got ourselves into serious problems, always run to them. No matter how many times we did this to our parent, they will not say "NO". . Always there to support us, to pull us through.

But what happen when they wanna talk to us, or to spend time with us, we usually couldn't find the time for them. Have countless excuses to"escape". Very bad huh?


What about me? I am also taking God for granted. Whenever I am upset, I will pray, anything that I need, I will ask God to help me, of course, He has never fail me. I will earnestly seek HIM, when I need a miracle in my life. What have I done for Him? Nothing.


When I am happy, when life seems wonderful, everything is beautiful, I hardly find time to seek His face. Other than attending Church and cell group, I have not been spending enough time doing my Quiet Time, devotion time with my heavenly Father, talking to Him, reading His Words, and hear from Him.


I feel bad, as I don't like to have this kind of feelings. I know God loves me, He loves spending time with me, to hear me out. To build a strong relationship, dwell in His pressence, filled by His love. When we love a person, is very natural for the person to want to talk to us right?

uhmm..... is very bad.. God must be very hurt for me to behave this way, huh?


Yes, there are many things, such as : my health, my family, my friends, everything in my life, especially for God's love for me, I am taking them for granted. Father Lord, am sorry for behaving in this attitude. I repent from it. I really really want to grow deeper with You, Lord Jesus. Take away all my laziness, and unwillingness. I want to know You more.


Help me not to take anyone or things for granted. To appreciate the people and things around me. To cherish what that has given to me. Let me not live with regrets. Help me to give more. To be a giver, a cheerful giver, with all I have.

All good things come from heaven. I want to remember all these things that I have.. is from Your grace, mercy, love... n faithfulness..


Thank You, Lord.

No comments: