Sunday, February 11, 2007

~ My Testimony ~ for CNL 2007




Here is to post what I have shared in Centre of New Life Church.




For His Glory!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Good morning, Church!

My name is Amilin, from the Young Adults’ District. I attend a Young Adults’ Lifegroup meeting at CNL’s church office.

Firstly, I would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity to share about the wonderful work He did in me. Without Jesus, I would not have been able to achieve anything.

God is good all the time! I had been facing a lot of challenges in my life, especially in the area of my career. I am self-employed as a Financial Planner.

Many issues surfaced in my workplace last year and I lost focus on the job. Some of my clients discontinued their financial plans. With that, I had to work extra hard to cover the shortfall in earnings. My reduced income badly affected my ability to pay my
basic bills. I was discouraged and it has affected my emotional, mental and spiritual state. I was at my wits’ end.

I kept asking God, “Are You there? You said that You will never leave nor forsake me, but Father, where are You? Why can’t I feel You?” I felt the silence. Even though I was trying to worship God in Church and carry a smile wherever I went, deep inside I knew I was worried and unsure about my sales career and life. I was feeling lost. I could not find any comfort from anyone, in fact, some I talked to made me feel worse. I felt there was no one I could turn to or understood what I was going through.

I got myself into a steady relationship soon enough, thinking that special someone could share my burdens with me, but I was wrong. The guy was not a committed believer but I enjoyed his company, he often cheered me up.

However, I felt that he was not be able to help me grow in my spiritual life and I decided to call off the relationship. Even though it lasted not more than 3 months, I was upset and broken hearted.

In spite of these problems, I continued to serve God. Continued to seek Him. Members of our church had been a great support through constant prayer and encouragement. I know God is real.

He did not stop thinking of me and sent the right people to cross my path and reminded me of God’s love. Through paying attention to the sermons our pastors preached, I learned that God knows everything that I was going through.

In September 2006, Pastor Ong talked about giving and “Investing in God’s Kingdom.” I decided to give to the Building Fund. Even though I was not sure how I could fulfill the faith pledge I made, but I took the step of faith and trusted God. I was way behind my sales target and had no idea if I could even hit the minimum target my company set for me. Without fulfilling that minimum target, my days in this industry will be numbered. I had only 3 months to fulfill that minimum quota.

But I chose to obey God, trusted Him and pledged the sum for the building fund and dropped it into the offering bag.

In the next few weeks, God began opening doors. I started to underwrite a lot of cases. God began to bless the business, and within 2 months, I fulfilled the minimum target. On top of that, I was so blessed that I went on to hit the next level of my sales target!

God blessed me so much! He supplied all my needs and more! So much more than what I pledged!

Praise God!

There is no one else that could have done this for me, except God alone. He is the only one who could perform such a miracle. He also healed my broken heart and I know I can trust God as He knows what is best for me.


Life is not smooth sailing, but I know what I did was right, is to have full trust in Jesus. He will never fail. He has proven Himself faithful. No matter what situations we are facing, God is bigger than our problems. Let us focus on Jesus, and trust in Him to carry us through the storms in our lives. If He can do it for me, He can do it for you. If God is for us, who can be against us?




Praise The Lord!

No comments: